- Jonathan A. Stapley, “Last Rites and the Dynamics of Latter-day Saint Liturgy,” BYU Studies 50, no. 2 (2011), 97-128.
- Jonathan A. Stapley, “Adoptive Sealing Ritual in Mormonism,” Journal of Mormon History 37 (Summer 2011), 53-117.
- Jonathan A. Stapley and Kristine Wright, “Female Ritual Healing in Mormonism,” Journal of Mormon History 37 (Winter 2011): 1-86.
- Jonathan A. Stapley and Kristine Wright, “The Forms and the Power: The Development of Mormon Ritual Healing to 1847,” Journal of Mormon History 35 (Summer 2009): 42-87. Reprinted with revisions in Stephen C. Taysom, ed., Dimensions of Faith: A Mormon Studies Reader (Salt Lake City: Signature Books, 2011).
- Jonathan A. Stapley and Kristine Wright, “‘They Shall Be Made Whole’: A History of Baptism for Health,” Journal of Mormon History 34 (Fall 2008): 69-112.
Selected Book Chapters
- “Women and Mormon Authority,” in Matthew Bowman and Kate Holbrook, eds., Women and Mormonism: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives (University of Utah Press, 2016).
- “Pouring in Oil: The Development of the Modern Mormon Healing Ritual,” in Daniel L. Belnap, ed., By Our Rites of Worship: Latter-day Saint Views on Ritual in Scripture and Practice (Provo/Salt Lake City: Deseret Book/Religious Studies Center, 2013).